The most popular non-surgical cosmetic procedure done in Utah today is Botox injections. Whether people are getting Botox injections for wrinkles, preventative care, skin texture or excessive sweating, it’s a great option with little risk and minimal to no downtime.
Botox injection treatments typically only take 15-30 minutes and the results last around 3-6 months. It’s a treatment that can be done on a lunch break, and women (and men) of all ages are loving their results and coming back regularly to get injected.
While Botox injection treatments are pretty straightforward and easy, there are a few things to remember and avoid before and after the treatment session.
The DOs Before Botox
- Always, always, always go to a trusted injector for Botox in Utah. We’ve seen too many saggy eyebrows and wasted money on improperly injected Botox. Do not waste your money on an inexperienced injector!
- Ask questions! Our expert Botox injectors at our medical spas in Utah are here to make you feel comfortable and set realistic expectations.
- Talk with your injector to get a full consultation of where you may need the product and remember to start small and gradually build up.
The DON’Ts Before Botox
- Don’t fail to mention any medications you’re currently taking. Please be sure to tell your injector about any medications or natural supplements you may be on. While it’s very rare for any medication interactions with Botox, let your injector know. More commonly, some medications cause thinning of the blood which could increase your chance of bruising.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages for at least two days before Botox treatments. (Yes, even your nightly glass of wine!) Alcohol thins the blood and can increase the risk of bruising from the injections.
- No Botox for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
The DOs After Botox
- Relax and wait for the Botox to kick in. It can take up to 10 days to see full results so don’t panic if things don’t seem 100% even right away.
- If you see anything out of the ordinary (excessive swelling that won’t go away, a rash, etc) contact your Botox injector.
- Follow your treatment schedule. Set a reminder in 3-4 months to check on how well the Botox is holding up. Schedule your next Botox appointment before those wrinkles come back!
The DON’TS After Botox
- Don’t touch or massage the treated area. You may see small bumps or redness at the site of your Botox injections. Don’t touch or rub the area. It may itch slightly, try not to touch it! You may wash your face gently in the evening.
- Give the Botox time to settle into the area where it was injected. Refrain from laying down if possible or putting pressure on the treated area.
- Do not workout or engage in strenuous activity for at least 24 hours after your Botox treatment. Don’t you love it when you have an excuse to not workout?
- No steam rooms, spas/hot tubs or saunas for 24 hours.
- Don’t get other treatments on the affected area for at least 24 hours. Refrain from facials, chemical peels, microneedling and more. The area should be free of all irritations for at least 24 hours after Botox injections. This allows the product to be absorbed by the muscle and tissue.
We love Botox and so do our clients in Utah. Our expert Botox Injectors at our Utah medical spas are knowledgeable and experienced. Our offices in Orem, Salt Lake, Highland, and Draper all provide precision Botox injections as well as dermal filler (lips, cheeks, etc) and much more.