Summer is almost here! That means it’s time to take our sunscreen game to another level. Sun damage is a real thing and we wish we would’ve paid attention to it more when we were younger.
Here are some serious #SunscreenFacts that we found interesting:
- Skin Cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States
- More than 1 Million Skin Cancers are diagnosed annually
- 1 in 5 Americans will develop skin cancer of the course of a lifetime
- 54% of Beauty Lovers do not reapply sunscreen throughout the day
- 57% of Beauty Consumers think that the SPF in their makeup is sufficient for sun protection
- Most Sunscreens only protect against UVB Rays
- Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide are physical blockers that protect against both UVB and UVA rays
- People who used a tanning bed before the age of 35 increased their risk for melanoma by 75%
- An estimated 90% of skin aging is caused by the sun
Yes you read that right! 90% of aging of the sun is caused by the sun! Lather up and stop the aging process.
Sunscreens we (and dermatologists) swear by:
Want another layer of protection? Wear a hat. Choose one with a wide strong brim that shades your entire face. Baseball hats are nice but they typically only shade part of the face.
Our sunscreen products are 20% off this month! Looking for more deals? Check out our Utah spa deals page or check these out:
Hydrate with a HydraFacial and protect yourself with Colorescience Sunforgettable – what a combo!
Already have sun damage? We got you:
Our Utah IPL PhotoFacials and Chemical Peels can help with sunspots, uneven texture and a lot more.
Come in for a free skin consultation in Utah and our expert master estheticians can help you determine which products or treatments will benefit your skin the best.
5455 W 11000 N, Ste. 105
Highland, UT 84003
SALT LAKE CITY
705 E 900 S, Suite 100
Salt Lake City, UT 84105
295 E. University Parkway
Orem UT, 84058
10 West Scenic Pointe Drive
Draper, UT 84020